Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sabina Turns 2!

Little baby Sabina turned 2 on Monday! Dan had to be out of town on her actual birthday, so we began the festivities on Saturday night. Sabina requested pizza for dinner, so we went to at a little Italian restaurant down the street. I asked in French if they could put a candle (une bougie) in her dessert, and they just stared at me quizzically. After I said "pour son anniversaire" and demonstrated blowing actions, they said "ah...une bougie!". Apparently, it is pronounced "boo-jee" not "boo-gey". Yup, I was asking them to put boogers in her cake. Nice.

Sabina sporting her crazy smile at celebration #1

For Sabina's birthday breakfast, I made one of her favorites: egg and rice. But she hardly touched it. Then I gave her another of her favorites: a snack bar. But she didn't touch that either. After we dropped Jackson and Sophia at school, I took her to Cora's Hypermarche (not a market or a supermarket, but a hypermarket...it's kind of like a Target) to buy groceries for her birthday dinner (she requested rice with beef and "broky"), birthday cake, and some birthday toys. And right in the middle of the produce section, she vomited. Poor baby! What a way to start off her birthday :( Thankfully, she seemed recovered enough after a 3 hour nap to enjoy present-opening.

Celebration #2...my birthday booty

We saved the cake for tonight.

Celebration #3 with tarte aux fraises

Oh how time flies.

1 comment: